Thursday, February 21, 2013

Youth Art Month is upon us!


I love March and Youth Art Month. I loved it so much that I had two children in March. It makes for a crazy  busy month but it's always fun to celebrate my favorite things. I put up my hall display to promote YAM as well as our school wide art show, March 21st. I had the students use one of our Friday rotation days to work on all the parts to the display. I drew out the letters and the kids painted them in. I went back and outlined them in black and it was ready to go! My kindergarten students painted all the large paper that I used to assemble the daffodils and the grass. I have a ton of work ahead of me to prepare for the art show. Last year, I had a student teacher that was a tremendous help. This year...it's just me...and I need to get to work!





5 comments:

  1. Bess, this is GORGEOUS! I hope you don't mind, but I posted a link to this over on my art bulletin board blog. http://bulletinboardstoremember.blogspot.com/2013/02/youth-art-month.html

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome display! Can you share how you attach the butcher paper to the wall? Is it just taped or hung somehow? I'm doing my first art show in 2 weeks!
    Thanks!
    ktencza123@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      I just put a dime size blob of hot glue in the top corners of the black paper and it works well. I will usually tack the bottoms with a small dots of hot glue on the bottoms just to keep them from blowing up when the doors open. I hope that helps and good luck with your show!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your help! Where do you buy your canvases? I thought I saw it in the comments somewhere but now I can't find it! If I'm still teaching Art next year, I'm totally doing the silent auction...budget cuts continue to restrict my ability to do some really cool projects! TIA

      Delete